RARA-AVIS: Re: .....dis-scribe.......

From: ejmd (ejmd__@ntlworld.com)
Date: 02 Sep 2009

    I would've used "describe", but I thought the use of the hyphen (oops!) and the deliberate misspelling to emphasise the prefix "dis" was amusing. Also, I think that flailing definition of pornography ("I know it when I see it") is well known enough to not really be obtuse; I would imagine many people on this list would be familiar with it even if, like me, they couldn't identify the source.

    ED