Re: RARA-AVIS: .....dis-scribe.......

From: Patrick King (abrasax93@yahoo.com)
Date: 01 Sep 2009

    ³you may not be able to describe it, but you know it when you read it²

    ... Mon dieu...what does that mean...?...

    ...inability to analize/interpret maybe...or just simply inability to denote/connote. ..i.e. explicit/represent. ..

    I havenıt heard this anywhere but in sports columns mand fan comments and I faith-fully read most soccer ones in The Guardian UK...

    ...and I do believe that there is such a line in the Cantona movie made by Ken Loach...please somebody who has seen it confirm...?? ?

    My comment was a spoof on Justice Potter Stewart's decision in the landmark 1964 case Jacobellis v. Ohio regarding whether the movie, The Lovers, was pornographic. It was a gleefully quoted comment at the time. Sorry if I'm being obtuse, nowadays.

    Patrick King