Re: RARA-AVIS: "Inherent Vice" and Other Pynchon novels

From: sonny (sforstater@yahoo.com)
Date: 28 Aug 2009

    pynchon also said that he was doing so many drugs while writing GR that he has no idea what it's about.

    From: Michael Jeter <michael.damian.jeter@gmail.com> Subject: Re: RARA-AVIS: "Inherent Vice" and Other Pynchon novels To: rara-avis-l@yahoogroups.com Date: Friday, August 28, 2009, 5:46 PM

    V works for me as a short story collection, but I cannot follow the novel, and I am not inspired to try again.

    The teacher I studied the novel under quoted a Pynchon interview where he said, if I understood him correctly, ultimately V doesn´t mean anything.

    I´m willing to take the author at his word.

    --
    Michael Damian Jeter
    New Orleans, LA