Re: RARA-AVIS: Re: The word "noir"

From: Joy Matkowski (jmatkowski1@comcast.net)
Date: 28 Aug 2009

    I had an author once who insisted on no hyphens in her book because
    "they draw the eye's attention and make the reader stop." Unfortunately, she had clout with the publisher, but fortunately, I was working by the hour as I composed all those circumlocutions.
        But that's a matter for another list, so I've begun reading Daniel Judson's "The Water's Edge." At this point, the best word to describe it is "eerie." Joy