Re: RARA-AVIS: Vertigo Crime

From: Stewart Wilson (stewart@stewartwilson.com)
Date: 27 Aug 2009

    The Azarrello was OK -- the main character seems like stock Charles Williams (ex football player call salesman), and the story is also Williams-esque. It looks like it takes place in the 50s but it has some background characters who are clearly stand-ins for current celebrities, which I found very annoying.

    I liked the Rankin, but J.C. Hocking's comment below is dead on. The friend who loaned it to me loathed it.

    --Stewart