RARA-AVIS: BBC4 Film Noir Doc plus short season

From: ejmd (ejmd__@ntlworld.com)
Date: 23 Aug 2009

          "Raymond Tait" raymond.tait@ntlworld.com
          <mailto:raymond.tait@ntlworld.com?Subject=%20Re%3ABBC4%20Film%20Noir%20Doc%20plus%20short%20season>
          wrote:

    > There was a one hour film noir documentary presented by Matthew Sweet
    on BBC4 last night

    >You can watch it again. I only saw the last third but It looked quite
    good - fairly entertaining if nothing new in it really.

    > http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b00mbstz
    <http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b00mbstz>

    > They are also showing a few movies - I watched The Big Combo
    > again last night, great stuff. Stranger on the Third Floor is on tonight
    > at 23.30. I have never seen this and it looks interesting - Nathaniel
    > West co-wrote it and it stars Peter Lorre.
    >
    > http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stranger_on_the_Third_Floor
    <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stranger_on_the_Third_Floor>

    I haven't managed to catch any of these yet (nor the documentary) but they are showing six films in all over the course of this weekend, all of which will be available online to those with access to content in the BBC iPlayer. Here's a list of the films:
    *
    * Farewell My Lovely (1944)

        The Lady From Shanghai (1948)

        The Big Combo (1955)