RE: RARA-AVIS: Slightly OT: Horror / Mystery writers

From: Ron Clinton (clinton65@comcast.net)
Date: 23 Aug 2009

    > > * David Morrell (though more of a thriller / horror hybrid)

    > And Morrell has written straightforward horror.

    Yes, and a good amount of it (THE TOTEM, short stories, etc.). What I meant to say, but phrased it poorly, is that his *other* material is more thriller than mystery (as per OP's question).

    I just finished ARIEL by Lawrence Block -- his only horror novel. I don't recommend it other than as an interesting one-off by one of the mystery genre's better writers.

    Ron C.