RARA-AVIS: BBC4 Film Noir Doc plus short season

From: Raymond Tait (raymond.tait@ntlworld.com)
Date: 23 Aug 2009

    There was a one hour film noir documentary presented by Matthew Sweet on BBC4 last night

    You can watch it again. I only saw the last third but It looked quite good - fairly entertaining if nothing new in it really.

    http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b00mbstz

    They are also showing a few movies - I watched The Big Combo again last night, great stuff. Stranger on the Third Floor is on tonight at 23.30. I have never seen this and it looks interesting - Nathaniel West co-wrote it and it stars Peter Lorre.

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stranger_on_the_Third_Floor

    Raymond