Re: RARA-AVIS: INHERENT VICE: A Report from the Trenches

From: Patrick King (abrasax93@yahoo.com)
Date: 22 Aug 2009

    I haven't read "Inherent Vice", and I haven't read all of Pynchon's other work, but in general I think you are more likely to enjoy his writing if you

    like the humour. Also his books tend to be far from tightly plotted, quite discursive and prone to going off on tangents. And various elements of the historical settings in his other books are obviously not historically absolutely accurate. The "spirit of the times and place" is, I think, an important part of what he writes about.

    Yes, I think some may be missing the big, the very big, picture:

    http://againsttheday.wordpress.com/

    There are a lot like this if you search for them.

    Patrick King