RE: RARA-AVIS: Stieg Larsson's The Girl . . .

From: Anders Engwall (anders.engwall@comhem.se)
Date: 21 Aug 2009

    Yes, that is the exact translation.

    (At last a subject where I am some sort of authority.)

    From: rara-avis-l@yahoogroups.com [mailto:rara-avis-l@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of Mark Sullivan Sent: den 22 augusti 2009 02:12 To: rara-avis Subject: RARA-AVIS: Stieg Larsson's The Girl . . .

    I'm reading Larsson's second crime novel, The Girl Who Played with Fire, at least that's what it's called in the US. I know the first, The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo was retitled, that its original title was something like Men Who Hate Women (which, frankly, makes more sense, since Salander, the "girl" referred to in the title, is more of a supporting character than a headliner in that book). So I was wondering if the second was also retitled. Does Flickan Som Lekte Med Elden really translate as The Girl Who Played with Fire?