RE: RARA-AVIS: noir-ish westerns

From: Mark Sullivan (DJ-Anonyme@webtv.net)
Date: 20 Aug 2009

    If you liked Tall T, you must check out Decision at Sundown. I recently worked my way through 67 or the "Ranown" films starring Randolph Scott, directed by Budd Boetticher (five of them in a Boetticher box set). Even the least of them, Buchanan Rides Alone (the Red Harvest/Yojimbo-type plot of two brothers vying for control of a border town has a couple twists too many), is still pretty damn good. And the rest are great. I particularly liked Ride Lonesome, Seven Men from Now and the aforementioned Decision at Sundown. That last is by far the most downbeat of them. And it costars Rockford's father, Noah Beery. Mark