RARA-AVIS: Trying to remember a title/author

From: cptpipes2000 (cptpipes@hotmail.com)
Date: 18 Aug 2009

    Apologies for this query, but I am trying to remember the title/author of a somewhat recent (w/in the last three years) book I read.

    It was a crime/murder mystery with an academic setting. I thought it would be a more of an academic satire when I read it, but it turned out to be a bit darker than that.

    The details I offer are sketchy, but one of the suspects was a janitor at the school and (I think) the primary protagonist was a struggling writer. The book would make a nice companion piece to About the Author by John Colapinto.

    Sorry, I can't offer any more details. If you remember this, or even have a guess please let me know here or off list at cm1977@gmail.com.

    Thanks, Chris