RARA-AVIS: Harlequin Books

From: Eric Chambers (nqexile@yahoo.com.au)
Date: 17 Aug 2009

    Mark Sullivan" DJ-Anonyme@webtv.net wrote:-

    > The only name I recognize is James Hadley Chase. Are the others any good? Any of
    > them pseudonyms?

    The imprint should give you a clue. Harlequin currently being a publisher of light romantic fiction. They date mostly from the 40's.
      Perry LIndsay is 'Peggy Dean Gladdis' who wrote under both 'Peggy Dean' and 'Peggy Gladdis' - She apparently only wrote 2 as Perry Lindsay.
      Dale Bogard is an alias of Douglas Enefer who wrote prolifically in the 60's and 70's. He wrote a series with a character called 'Triphammer' and did 2 CANNON novelizations. He's quite readable.
      Tom Powers I don't know anything about but if you Google him you'll find a few blogs fascinated by 'Virgin with Butterflys' . He had a knack for titles. He also wrote one called 'Sheba on Trampled Grass'
      Alan Handley was an American radio actor and director, and 'Kiss your elbow' 1948, also known as 'Terror in Times Square', was his only novel.
      Thanks for the tip. I know I'm going to be looking out for them.

    Eric

          __________________________________________________________________________________ Find local businesses and services in your area with Yahoo!7 Local. Get started: http://local.yahoo.com.au