RARA-AVIS: Harlequin crime paperbacks

From: juri.nummelin@pp.inet.fi
Date: 16 Aug 2009

    Mark:

    it seems that the new Harlequin crime paperbacks are reprints of those they - Harlequin - published in the late fourties and early fifties. They did lots of James Hadley Chase reprints back then and it seems they have held the rights. Dale Bogard is a pseudonym for a British paperback writer whose name escapes me at the moment. Perry Lin I don't know, but I think he's in the same league as Bogard. Harlequin did publish some original crime novels in the fourties and fifties (they also did some westerns), but mostly by now obscure writers. Well, James Hadley Chase is pretty obscure by today's standards.

    Sorry, can't provide a more thorough answer, since our son is having a fierce attack.

    Juri just returned here from his Christmas holiday