Re: RARA-AVIS: Parker graphic novel is out

From: Steve Gerlach (stezzariffic@yahoo.com)
Date: 07 Aug 2009

    I was a bit wary of this one...as I'm not hugely into graphic novels, but the completist in me said I had to have new Stark...er..even if it's old Stark and done by someone else.

    I gotta say it's fantastic, and breathes new life into the story (seeing I've already read it.) Probably the closest thing we'll ever get to a proper Parker movie.

    Well worth the price. I hope Cooke gets to do some more.

     Cheers,

    Steve http://www.stevegerlach.com

    Follow me on Twitter @stezza666

    ________________________________ From: Mark Sullivan <DJ-Anonyme@webtv.net> To: rara-avis <rara-avis-l@yahoogroups.com> Sent: Saturday, 8 August, 2009 9:28:47 AM Subject: RARA-AVIS: Parker graphic novel is out

    I picked up Richard Stark's Parker: The Hunter, Adapted and Illustrated by Darwyn Cooke today. Judging by the first third, it's a very faithful adaptation. I'm enjoying it. I also picked up the new Pynchon, but probably won't get to it for a while.

    Mark

          __________________________________________________________________________________ Find local businesses and services in your area with Yahoo!7 Local. Get started: http://local.yahoo.com.au