Re: RARA-AVIS: Re: Taratino's Inglorious Bastards

From: Sean Shapiro (ssshapir@yahoo.com)
Date: 07 Aug 2009

    You’re absolutely right, Mark. ‘Interest’ is subjective. I guess I’m more interested in an Italian exploitation knockoff of the ‘Dirty Dozen’ than I am in whatever it is Tarantino has made. One thing about Tarantino, though, is that he has helped preserve and bring into prominence the works of di Leo and Castalleri and other Italian crime movie makers.
      http://www.independent.co.uk/arts-entertainment/films/features/italian-bmovies-tarantinos-inspiration-525386.html
      Sean Shapiro

    ________________________________ From: Mark Sullivan <DJ-Anonyme@webtv.net> To: rara-avis <rara-avis-l@yahoogroups.com> Sent: Thursday, August 6, 2009 11:25:30 PM Subject: RE: RARA-AVIS: Re: Taratino's Inglorious Bastards

    For the record, Castaellari' s film was titled Inglorious Bastards in the US. And Tarantino's is titled Inglorious Basterds (sic). And how can you know Castaellari' s is "more interesting" ? Have you seen Tarantino's? Judging from the new trailer alone, Tarantino's does not seem to be a remake at all, but has a completely different plot. Mark