Re: RARA-AVIS: Re: New books and other things...(this is not about Ross Mc or Vietnam)

From: Steve Novak (Cinefrog@comcast.net)
Date: 06 Aug 2009

    For some reason I don¹t think I saw fight club and I should in any case... I got onto the Chuck Palahniuk website last night and also read his whole wikipedia entry...very interesting indeed, especially the wiki, to gather thoughts and appreciation...There is something in me that rings a curious doorbell linking him to people like Maurice G. Dantec in France (translated in US nowadays), where exagerated noir joins gore, it¹s like hyper noir or post noir, linking sci-fi to noir, to gore...it steps out of the frame and becomes layers upon layers of horror...There is a French word that describes it Œdémesure¹ and the only translation I find is outrageousness or excessiveness...Moreover I wonder if CP has put his fingers in the same philosophical and political nihilistic and christian-futurist deviations than several of these Œsons of cyberpunk¹ like Dantec...?? Is this assesment correct?...I have read Dantec (and got disapointed very quickly after Les Racines du Mal & Babylon Babies) but not Chuck...and I¹m hooked on Peace for the time being...should I switch soon...??? Montois