RARA-AVIS: Re: Tobias Jones on Ross Macdonald in yesterday's Guardian

From: davezeltserman (Dave.Zeltserman@gmail.com)
Date: 05 Aug 2009

    I read all of the Archers when I was in high school. I loved them--loved the sins of the father theme, and all the guilt being exposed in middle class America. I'm going to reread The Chill and see if it still holds the same magic.

    I read a few years back that the last Archer Macdonald was working on before he died involved a young woman hiring Archer to find her biological parents (she was adopted), with him discovering that he was the father. If this sounds familiar, it was an accident on my part.

    --Dave Zeltserman http://smallcrimes-novel.blogspot.com/