RE: RARA-AVIS: Re: Tobias Jones on Ross Macdonald in yesterday's Guardian

From: Mark Sullivan (DJ-Anonyme@webtv.net)
Date: 05 Aug 2009

    Mario wrote:
    "I don't feel any particular need to have literary heroes. All I care about is good books. I don't care who wrote them or how famous the author is." I'm guessing there's a little hyperbole here. Don't you care who wrote them at least to the extent of the track record of certain authors? Aren't you more likely to pick up a new book by certain authors because you have found past writing by them satisfying? Mark