Re: RARA-AVIS: greatest noir or detective protags

From: Steve Novak (Cinefrog@comcast.net)
Date: 04 Aug 2009

    From this point of vue:
            - nothing ever hardboiled or noir in any of the Bond books...or Modesty Blaise for that matter...very far from it in fact...

            - a few hardboiled/noir treatments in some of the scenes in some of the films...and the only ones I can think about right now are in ŒFrom
              Russia with Loveš...train sequence in particiular and it owes to a very mean Sean Connery and of course the ultra mean Robert
              Shaw...and letšs not forget Lotte Lenya...

    ....aside from that, I sure donšt see any connection with hardboiled or noir...
    ...and all our family is totally addicted to Bond and my 15 y.o. knows dialogs by heart in French and English versions...

    Montois...thinking about DB5..