RARA-AVIS: Ross Macdonald

From: Bill Crider (macavityabc@gmail.com)
Date: 03 Aug 2009

    Ross Macdonald doesn't need me to defend him, so I won't bother. All I'll say, as I've said before, I'm sure, is that when I read one of his books as mere youngster, I knew right then and there that I'd read everything else I could find by him. And I did. I believe it was Anthony Boucher who said that Macdonald's plots were like a fishhook in the mind. Maybe for a lot of you that's not true, but it was certainly true for me.

    Bill Crider