Re: RARA-AVIS: Hardboiled country

From: Patrick King (abrasax93@yahoo.com)
Date: 03 Aug 2009

    Kind of off-topic, but When Parton went platinum with Coat of Many Colors and left the show, Wagoner was publicly resentful. Not much later, Wagoner was on the skids and sold the rights to his songs to pay his debts. Parton, who's career was soaring, was aware of his plight, purchased those rights from whoever picked them up, at an undisclosed price, and returned them to Wagoner as a gift.

    The lady may dress like a whore but she certainly has the proverbial heart of gold.

    Patrick King