Re: RARA-AVIS: Hardboiled country

From: annvon78 (annvon78@yahoo.com)
Date: 01 Aug 2009

    While not straight from the hills, Dolly was breaking in, married and 21, compared to 40-year-old man-of-the-country Porter, when she started on his show. They sang duets, but I'd hold they stuck to singing.

    Also, those lyrics aren't about the kind of protagonists I find in the best of hardboiled/noir. They seem more like true crime melodrama types. Just my opinion.