RARA-AVIS: Re: THE SWITCH

From: jacquesdebierue (jacquesdebierue@yahoo.com)
Date: 29 Jun 2009

    --- In rara-avis-l@yahoogroups.com, "Mark D. Nevins" <nevins_mark@...> wrote:

    > I think RARA-AVIS a while back reckoned KILL SHOT Leonard's best novel--was that pretty unanimous?

    Not by me. I wouldn't even place it in the top twenty best Leonard novels. There was something contrived in the story, something that didn't ring totally true. The action is dynamite, but the setup seems to lack something. This is my opinion from a recent rereading. On the other hand, rereading Split Images made me rank it higher than before. That is a very good hardboiled novel (not humorous).

    mrt