Re: RARA-AVIS: Re: trying to find a detective series from the 1980's

From: BaxDeal@aol.com
Date: 29 Jun 2009

    In a message dated 6/29/09 1:45:56 PM, DJ-Anonyme@webtv.net writes:

    > That cover sounds familiar, but I can't quite place it.  It made me think
    > of those to the Streeter novels by Michael Stone, which were kinda like a
    > mix between Paul Cadmus or Thomas Hart Benton and Edward Hopper (though not
    > nearly as good as any of those master painters).  But they were '90s books
    > and I just looked and there isn't a knife-throwing cover.
    > The Trace books were kinda sleazy, but I remember them just having print
    > covers, clearly based on the earlier Fletch covers.  The Bennett novels also
    > had tame covers.

    the Streeters aren't particularly salacious to my recollection. certainly not like say, the Nick Carter, Killmaster series, which I used to read as a youngster just for the dirty parts

    John Lau

    ************** It's raining cats and dogs -- Come to PawNation, a place where pets rule! (http://www.pawnation.com/?ncid=emlcntnew00000008)