RE: RARA-AVIS: Re: trying to find a detective series from the 1980's

From: Mark Sullivan (DJ-Anonyme@webtv.net)
Date: 29 Jun 2009

    That cover sounds familiar, but I can't quite place it. It made me think of those to the Streeter novels by Michael Stone, which were kinda like a mix between Paul Cadmus or Thomas Hart Benton and Edward Hopper (though not nearly as good as any of those master painters). But they were '90s books and I just looked and there isn't a knife-throwing cover. The Trace books were kinda sleazy, but I remember them just having print covers, clearly based on the earlier Fletch covers. The Bennett novels also had tame covers.