Re: RARA-AVIS: Re: Noir Then, Noir Now

From: Sean Shapiro (ssshapir@yahoo.com)
Date: 28 Jun 2009

    Charles – I hope you don’t mind me asking, and feel free not to respond – but do you have a particular blockbuster in your stable that subsidises some of the slower sellers? I’m thinking of The Colorado Kid but I might be way off. I remember a writer of very literary, navel-gazing (albeit amusing) books saying once at a reading how he is indebted to Stephen king for giving his publishers enough money to waste on his first two books. (He had to find another publisher after they tanked.)
      Sean Shapiro