RARA-AVIS: Re: On noir and humor

From: jacquesdebierue (jacquesdebierue@yahoo.com)
Date: 20 Jun 2009

    =
    > --- On Sat, 6/20/09, BaxDeal@... <BaxDeal@...> wrote:
    >

    > I'm trying to decide if choosing your friends by the smell of his ass is a
    > hardboiled or noirish trait.

    I don't know about hardboiled or noirish, but the olfactory method you describe is a good definition of a politician. Are politicians hardboiled or noir, or, horror of horrors, cozy? Or is a new category necessary?

    To get back on topic, I saw Mulholland Falls again the other night. What an excellent hardboiled noir movie that is.

    mrt