RE: RARA-AVIS: Re: On noir and humor

From: Mark Sullivan (DJ-Anonyme@webtv.net)
Date: 20 Jun 2009

    Isn't that the reverse of how Hot Rock came about in the first place? Didn't Westlake start out writing a Parker novel, but it kept turning into comedy? And if you want to compare the approach of the two, there's always Jimmy the Kid, which alternates chapters of a Parker caper and the Dortmunder Gang's attempt to copy it. Mark