RARA-AVIS: Re: Slapstick-Silly Noir

From: cptpipes2000 (cptpipes@hotmail.com)
Date: 17 Jun 2009

    Mark Sullivan said:
    > I enjoy some of these overblown books very much (Duane's and those I
    > mentioned in previous posts), but it would be a real shame if it
    > overshadowed and crowded out the more gritty, realistic noir.

    I'm in this camp as well. I preferred Wheel Man to Severance Package and have had diminishing returns with each book in the Angela/Max series.

    But that hasn't stopped me from buying and reading each of the books mentioned above and anticipating that I will do the same with whatever comes next from those guys.

    Chris