RARA-AVIS: Indridason

From: Joy Matkowski (jmatkowski1@comcast.net)
Date: 16 Jun 2009

    I've just read /Jar City/, which has to be Icelandic noir. It rains every day in the book. A genetic disease that brings doom is essential to the plot. The police protagonist has pain in his chest (a la /Blood Mud/), he doesn't shave or change clothes that often, and the only relative he's in contact with is his pregnant druggie daughter. Plus the police have to dig up a sewer line for the toilets in an apartment house. It's still raining.
        It's set before all the banks in Iceland collapsed, of course.
        If the book had humor, I don't remember it, but it's a satisfying book, in a downbeat way.

    Joy