RARA-AVIS: Re: The Tough Cookie Crumbles

From: davezeltserman (davezelt@rcn.com)
Date: 12 Jun 2009

    I read Golden Gizmo pretty early once I discovered Thompson. I'm going to have to give this one another read. I remember liking it enough, although disappointed at the time that it wasn't one of his psychotic noir books. I thought Ironside as a novelization was decent enough, with flashes of Thompson coming through. I liked Texas by the Tail--but then again I like Thompon's two Mitch Allison con man shorts, and this played as an extension to those.

    Ron, how was his other novelization, The Undefeated?

    --Dave