Re: RARA-AVIS: Books That Clicked Midway Through (Was Dissembling)

Date: 11 Jun 2009

    > > anyone actually read The Cold Six Thousand all the way to the end?
    > I did. I'd re-read American Tabloid multiple times and bought The Cold Six
    > Thousand the day it was released. I was disappointed, but plodded on. I
    > planned to re-read it before the Blood's a Rover came along but don't think I
    > will.

    so it's a slog all the way up to page 672?

    speaking of Ellroy, I've got a movie version of Brown's Requiem moldering on my Tivo, so far unwatched. anybody seen? geez, I guess I should just watch it myself and give a report, huh. at least that'll free up some DVR space

    John Lau

    ************** Dell Deals: Don’t miss huge summer savings on popular laptops starting at $449.
    ( i)