Re: RARA-AVIS: Books That Clicked Midway Through (Was Dissembling)

Date: 11 Jun 2009

    > "American Tabloid" became quite gripping partway through, the 2nd or 3rd
    > time I started it.

    I'm a fan of that book as well but couldn't get very far into The Cold Six Thousand which both surprised and dismayed me. Ellroy certainly has collected detractors as he's moved into his more self-consciously literary period.
      anyone think it's worth a second chance?

    anyone actually read The Cold Six Thousand all the way to the end?

    John Lau

    ************** Dell Deals: Don’t miss huge summer savings on popular laptops starting at $449.
    ( 64407%3Bi)