Re: RARA-AVIS: Books That Clicked Midway Through (Was Dissembling)

From: BaxDeal@aol.com
Date: 11 Jun 2009

    In a message dated 6/11/09 1:12:06 PM, cptpipes@hotmail.com writes:

    > This happened to me with the first book in Thomas Perry's Jane Whitefield
    > series. This may have as much to do with the expectations I brought to the
    > book as with how it started, but it really clicked midway through.
    >
    > With regards to mistaken expectations, I assumed that after the masterful
    > Power of the Dog, Don Winslow's The Winter of Frankie Machine would be
    > scaled back dramatically. Midway through the book I realized that it is every
    > bit as ambitious as its predecessor.

    two of my favorite authors. I've read almost all of Perry's work and I'm catching up on Winslow. recently found A LONG WALK UP THE WATER SLIDE, which is apparently the 4th in a detective series. wow. who knew? it's near the front of my TBR

    John Lau

    ************** Dell Deals: Don’t miss huge summer savings on popular laptops starting at $449.
    (http://pr.atwola.com/promoclk/100126575x1221770187x1201425153/aol?redir=http:%2F%2Fad.doubleclick.net%2Fclk%3B215566131%3B378 64407%3Bi)