RARA-AVIS: Re:Lapham's Quarterly

From: cptpipes2000 (cptpipes@hotmail.com)
Date: 09 Jun 2009

    Dick Lochte wrote:
    > Fred Willard, thanks for the heads-up on the Lapham's crime issue. The
    > Charles Taylor essay on hardboiled crime fiction is worth the visit by
    > itself.

    Dick, I agree.

    Incidentally, Taylor wrote am essay on crime fiction for Salon in 2001 that I stumbled across right as I was realizing that that crime fiction was occupying a greater percentage of the books I was reading. This was long before I discovered Rara Avis, and many of the names that have become favorites (McDermid, Ross Thomas) were knew to me at the time.

    Here's a link:

    http://archive.salon.com/books/feature/2001/01/03/mysteries/print.html