RARA-AVIS: Re: The Tough Cookie Crumbles

From: davezeltserman (davezelt@rcn.com)
Date: 09 Jun 2009

    In the Sleep with the Devil appendix, I see 29 book listed, 2 of them novelizations. Am I missing something? What were the other 4 books?

    OF the 29 books listed in the above appendix I've read all but the Undefeated novelization and The Child of Rage, and I would classify Thompson works ranging from absolutely mesmerizing and brilliant (Savage Night, Hell of a Woman, Pop. 1280, Swell-looking Babe, The Getaway, Killer Inside Me, After Dark, My Sweet) to highly readable. I know he gets some criticisms for some of his pulp writing, but personally I think he was consistently great.

    --Dave