Re: RARA-AVIS: Re: The Tough Cookie Crumbles

From: Allan Guthrie (allan@allanguthrie.co.uk)
Date: 08 Jun 2009

    Can't speak for Dave, but I thought THE DISASSEMBLED MAN was the closest thing to a Jim Thompson novel I've read that wasn't actually written by Thompson. I posted an extract of the book on my website long before the book was scheduled to be published. It was a blind submission. I'd never had any contact with the author before. I posted the extract because I liked it. A lot. And when I read the book, I gave a heads up on it to quite a few people I thought would also enjoy it. In general, they did. It's not for everyone, any more than Jim Thompson is. Taste is a peculiar thing.

    Al

    ----- Original Message ----- From: "Kevin Burton Smith" <kvnsmith@sbcglobal.net>