RARA-AVIS: Plots with Ray Guns

From: Frederick Zackel (fzackel@wcnet.org)
Date: 31 May 2009

    Please check out the Future of Crime Fiction ...

    http://www.plotswithguns.com/

    My favorite hard-boiled & / or noir / crime fiction magazine Plots with Guns has out a themed issue featuring "crime stories set in the year 2509" called
    "Plots with Rayguns."

    As Neil Smith described it, "It's like this: Imagine you're a crime writer living in the year 2509. What sort of stories will pulp & noir slingers be pumping out by then? What will crime look like? What new bad things will we have found to do to each other? And what will the guns look like? (And if you say "There won't be any", well, you're a sadly deluded optimist, aren't you?) In other words, you're not writing Science Fiction, but rather the world outside your window (whatever world that may be).

    Featuring marvelous creative, artistic hard-boiled work by Kyle Minor, Pinckney Benedict, Garnett Elliott, Richie Narvaez, Kieran Shea, Cameron Ashley, Jimmy Callaway of San Diego, and Fred Zackel (me.)

    Your future depends upon it.