RARA-AVIS: Mel D. Ames

From: Gonzalo Baeza (gbaeza@gmail.com)
Date: 20 May 2009

    Has anyone here read author Mel D. Ames? I had never heard of him before until today, when I found an anthology of his short stories from Mike Shayne Mystery Magazine. Seeing how they'd been published in MSMM, I bought it immediately. The book is called "Amazon. The Adventures of Detective-Lieutenant Cathy Carruthers." has anyone heard of this character before?

    BTW, I also bought Hard-Boiled, edited by Bill Pronzini and Jace Adrian, The Second Black Lizard Anthology of Crime Fiction (a 650-page collection. I didn't know it was that big), and the second issue of Murdaland.