RARA-AVIS: FW: Film Project Begins Shooting in Oklahoma

From: Jim Beaver (jumblejim@prodigy.net)
Date: 18 May 2009

    Second go-'round for this novel as a film, isn't it?

    Jim Beaver

    OklaFilm & OklaMusic Monday, April 18, 2009

    Film Project Begins Shooting in Oklahoma

    The Oklahoma Film & Music Office, along with Killer Inside Me Productions LLC, in conjunction with Revolution Films, London, U.K., are pleased to announce that filming of The Killer Inside Me project is officially underway in Oklahoma. Filming in Oklahoma began on May 18.

    The production will shoot in Guthrie, Oklahoma City, Cordell, Enid, and Tulsa over the next six weeks. "Our first four days of principal photography in New Mexico went well, but we are really glad to be back 'home' in Guthrie," said Susan Kirr, co-producer of the film. "The town and the people here have been so welcoming to us. It is good to be back at our base."

    Jill Simpson, Director of the Oklahoma Film & Music office commented, "I am really pleased to have cameras rolling in Oklahoma for The Killer Inside Me. We have been working with the production team for the last nine months to make this a reality. It represents a real achievement for our state to host the production. Originally, the project was largely targeted for New Mexico. Once the filmmakers came in and scouted, they realized that Oklahoma was the right place for the majority of this film due to our look as well as the incentives package we could offer them.

    Hardy Watkins, Executive Director of the Oklahoma Tourism and Recreation Department said, "This film will highlight the talent that we have in Oklahoma film industry. The economic impact that this film will bring to Oklahoma is significant and will help put Oklahoma on the map as a place to do business."

    The project has already received a great deal of attention because of the level of talent involved. The film will be directed by Michael Winterbottom, an award-winning British filmmaker best known "A Mighty Heart," "24 Hour Party People" and "Jude." The Killer Inside Me's leading cast includes Jessica Alba as Joyce Lakeland, Kate Hudson as Amy Stanton, and Casey Affleck as Lou Ford. The film also stars Bill Pullman, Elias Koteas, and Simon Baker.

    The Killer Inside Me is a psychological thriller about a small town deputy sheriff named Lou Ford, based on a novel written by Jim Thompson. Thompson, who was born in Anadarko, Okla., has also written the novels The Grifters and The Getaway.

    The Oklahoma Film & Music Office, a division of the Oklahoma Tourism and Recreation Department, works to attract film, television, video, and music industries to Oklahoma through an effort to promote and expand these values and interests within the state. The Film & Music Office is committed to providing critical support to filmmakers by assisting them with their production concerns. Additional information can be found at
    <http://www.oklahomafilm.org/> www.oklahomafilm.org.

    ###