RARA-AVIS: Re: the upcoming future of crime fiction...

From: davezeltserman (davezelt@rcn.com)
Date: 18 May 2009

    yeah, but Andrew, this isn't just taking what my agent is saying but seeing what deals are being announced on Publishers Marketplace. 1 crime and mystery deal, 1 thriller deal--and this is for early May?? This slowdown of deals has been going on for the last 6 months, which means 12-18 months from now we're going to see a lot less crime and thriller books in the stores than what we've been accustomed to (if bookstores are still around 12-18 months from now...)

    But we'll get plenty stacks of Kathy Griffin's memoirs filling up the stores...

    --Dave