RARA-AVIS: Re: Free electronic edition .pdf of PANIC ATTACK by Jason Starr now available

From: davezeltserman (davezelt@rcn.com)
Date: 12 May 2009

    It's kind of an interesting concept for publishers to give out free electronic copies of a book before it's published. Probably won't cut down into sales, at least no more than sending out ARCs that later make their way onto eBay and used bookstores, and might generate some additional buzz for the book, at least on blogs and discussion groups. Of course if all publishers were doing this it would quickly lead to reader fatigue as people load up dozens of ultimately unread manuscripts on their hard drives.

    Jason, if you can, let us know how this works out--how many downloads you end up with, and whether your publisher thinks this helps with the release.

    --Dave