Re: RARA-AVIS: Joseph Koenig

From: Sean Shapiro (ssshapir@yahoo.com)
Date: 12 May 2009

    Great interview.

    I've ordered a copy of Koenig's Little Odessa on the strength of it.

    Sean Shapiro

    ________________________________ From: John Williams <johnwilliams@ntlworld.com> To: rara-avis-l@yahoogroups.com Sent: Monday, May 11, 2009 8:14:17 PM Subject: Re: RARA-AVIS: Joseph Koenig

    zbleck wrote
    > Did a search and was surprised to not find any posts about this
    > writer--I just discovered him a few months ago and he's pretty hard
    > boiled.
    >

    > so far I've read Floater, Smuggler's Notch, Little Odessa, and my
    > favorite ( I would love it just for the title) Bride of Blood.
    >
    > This is set in Iran--I guess didn't get much attention in 1995, but
    > feels really topical now.

    Koenig's an interesting lost writer and thanks for reminding me of Bride of Blood which is overdue a re-read - I remember enjoying a lot. I interviewed him twenty years ago for Into The Badlands, and a very strange fellow he was too, if you're interested you can read the interview here - http://fivepubs. googlepages. com/newmexico

    John