RARA-AVIS: Re: Joseph Koenig & Westerns & Wallander

From: Gonzalo Baeza (gbaeza@gmail.com)
Date: 11 May 2009

    You're probably bored by the formulaic Western consisting of ranch wars and endless gun duels. Nonetheless, there is much more to the genre than that and there are some very good writers who still produce Westerns, including Loren Estleman, Richard Wheeler, Ed Gorman, James Reasoner, and others. You should give them a try.

    BTW, Jim's article on the subject was very informative. I really enjoyed it. I've not tried any of Hamilton's Westerns but after reading the article I definitely will.

    -Gonzalo.