RARA-AVIS: Re: Shell Scott comic?

From: jimdohertyjr (jimdohertyjr@yahoo.com)
Date: 07 May 2009

    Mark,

    Re your question below:

    > Could we have some information on said Shell Scott comic?  I've never come across it, and would love to see it.

    It was never published in the US, only in Europe.

    And, strictly speaking, it wasn't a Shell Scott comic book. It was a SECRET AGENT X-9 comic book (X-9 being a nameless FBI agent created by Dashiell Hammett for King Features newspaper strip as a direct competitor to DICK TRACY) in which Shell Scott guest-starred. You can see a few panels from it here:

    http://user.dtcc.edu/~dean/comic.html

    JIM DOHERTY