RARA-AVIS: Donald Hamilton revisited

From: jacquesdebierue (jacquesdebierue@yahoo.com)
Date: 06 May 2009

    Last night I had trouble sleeping and I downed Donald Hamilton's _The Interlopers_. What a brilliant hardboiled writer Hamilton was... I hadn't reread any of his stuff for quite a while and this brought back the reason why I have kept all those yellowing paperbacks. He's one writer who should not be forgotten. I fear, though, that as the subgenre he mostly worked, the hardboiled espionage novel, fades more and more in people's minds, as well as the era, he may in fact be left behind.

    If you haven't read Hamilton yet... grab whatever you find. He was one of the greats.

    mrt