RE: RARA-AVIS: THE TIN ANGEL ?

From: Mark Sullivan (DJ-Anonyme@webtv.net)
Date: 03 May 2009

    Mark, There's a whole site devoted to Paul Pines: www.paulpines.com, with links to his writing and his club, Tin Palace, which is called the Tin Angel in the book. I remember liking the book a lot. I'm rereading a few other East Village books. I started with Russell Atwood's East of A, in part to prepare for his decade later sequel coming up from Hard Case. A fun After Hours (the Scorsese movie) kind of PI story. I'm now halfway through Stewart Meyer's Lotus Crew. It's as good as I remember it, and I remember it being very good. Part of the reason I'm rereading these is to find a scene I remember reading once. The protagonist is at a corner in Alphabet City to meet someone, or find someone, who is supposed to be there at that time. The person is nowhere to be seen. Then a plank of wood extends out of a window several stories up and the person is made to walk it, or a body is on it and bounced off. The protagonist watches the person fall to his (or her, but I think it was a him) death. Anyway, it was not in East of A, has not yet shown up in Lotus Crew (which is where I really thought it was). My other candidates are Stephen Paul Cohen's Island of Steel, Sarah Schulman's After Delores or Tin Angel. So please let me know if you run across that scene while reading it. Thanks,Mark