RARA-AVIS: Edgars

From: Busted Flush Press (bustedflushpress@yahoo.com)
Date: 03 May 2009

    I picked up C. J. Box's BLUE HEAVEN at a JFK airport bookstore the night after the Edgars, and started it while waiting for my flight.  200 pages in, and I can see why praise and an Edgar have been heaped on this book.  I've long been a fan of Box's Joe Pickett novels, but this is a big step up in pacing, suspense, and quality of writing.  While walking through the woods, two young children witness the execution of a man by four corrupt ex-cops, and go on the run with only an elderly rancher to help.  I highly recommend going out and getting a copy!
      David
      David Thompson Busted Flush Press, LLC P.O. Box 540594, Houston, TX  77254-0594 / (713) 942-9282 www.bustedflushpress.com / bustedflushpress.blogspot.com(BFP's blog) Twitter:  http://twitter.com/bustedflushpres