RARA-AVIS: The Usual Suspects and the Edgars

From: Jack Bludis (buildsnburns@yahoo.com)
Date: 02 May 2009

    The screenplay category is a particularly difficult one. Like most categories the book, item, etc. must be submitted in order to win, and when they are not it is difficult to call them a winner.
      I have seen very few episodes of WIRE IN THE BLOOD, but of the ones I did see, they were very good. Better, I think, than most USA produced TV series.
      Someone else said that he had not read any of the winners.
      I read several of the nominees but none of the winners. I am glad for that because it means that the winners were not the usual suspects--well, with the exception of T. Jefferson Parker.
      It may mean that younger and newer writers are being given a chance, but I suppose that saying that here is like preaching to the uh ... pastors emeriti.
      Jack Bludis
      Read, read, read.